The main reasons why Americans are considering an RV trip this summer include:
- Being outdoors with self-contained accommodations;
- The ability to avoid crowds and maintain social distancing;
- No need to quarantine during or after your trip.
“Our survey results show that Americans consider RVing and Camping almost twice as safe as other types of accommodations such as staying in a hotel. We are also seeing that 66% of Americans consider camping in an RV of little to no risk compared with 38% who feel the same way about flying on a plane to a destination,” said David Coletto, CEO of polling firm Abacus Data.
Additional survey insights include:
- Compared with typical summer vacations, the likelihood to take a road trip this summer is up 6 percentage points, while intent to fly, stay at a hotel, go on a cruise, or even stay at friends or family residences are down.
- The majority of Americans (52%) consider RVing as one of the only safe travel options during COVID.
“When the pandemic hit in 2020, Americans turned to road trips, camping, and RVing as a safe alternative to the traditional flights and hotels. When families discovered how safe and convenient it was to explore the great outdoors in an RV, word got around,” said RVezy co-founder Michael McNaught. “While safety concerns have pushed a lot of Americans to discover RVing for the first time, it’s the lasting memories that bring them back year after year.”
RVezy is North America’s most trusted RV rental marketplace, providing outdoor enthusiasts with a safe and affordable way to rent unique and authentic RVs from private owners. As an owner-first platform, RVezy has empowered thousands of RV entrepreneurs to share their passion and earn additional income when their RVs are not in use. With comprehensive insurance coverage, 24/7 roadside assistance, an easy-to-use app, and best-in-class support, RVezy is the easiest and most secure way to rent an RV.
SOURCE RVezy Inc